Excellence in care for every woman
What we offer
Alongside our pregnancy care service at Femina Baby, several of our obstetricians also offer specialist gynaecology services through Femina Health.
Whatever you need we are here for you and our friendly team will always endeavour to provide timely care appropriate to your needs.
Although this is not an exhaustive list, below are some of things you might choose to come and see us about at Femina Health. It may be helpful to discuss what you are experiencing with your midwife or GP initially and they can refer you to our team at Femina Health if needed.
After having a baby some of the things you may find you are struggling with include:
- Incontinence (loss of bowel or bladder control/urinary leakage)
- Concerns or issues relating to intercourse
- Vaginal dryness
- Difficulties with breastfeeding/breast symptoms
- Problems with healing – vaginal or caesarean wounds
- Mood issues
- Changes in your periods
- Unplanned pregnancy
Other reasons to see a gynaecologist at any time include:
- Future family planning
- Contraceptive options after birth and for the future
- Heavy or problematic periods
- Diagnosis and management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic pain
- Needing a cervical smear
- Managing abnormal smear results
- Diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis
- Sexual health check up
Unlike pregnancy care which you can book direct it can be helpful for us, and in lots of cases your insurance company, to have a referral from your GP for gynaecology consults. If you are unsure if this will be needed, please contact us and we will be able to give you advice about the best next steps for you.